I liken my life to a crazy quilt. You never know what size or color the next block will be, what print or fabric it will be made from or which stitch, ribbon or charm it will be adorned with.



Welcome to my crazy-quilt life. Hopefully my blog is a reflection of that & me!



Enjoy your visit.

Check out my farm blog too! http://serenitysheepfarmstay.blogspot.com/







Friday, November 18, 2011

Dolls!



Yup! I love 'em. I always have. Although I was a bit of a tom-boy as a child, I still loved my dolls and always played with them. I still do.
I found this lovely lady in a thrift shop today. She was priced at $6.50, a steal, if you ask me. But wait, everything in the shop was 1/2 off! I bought her for $3.25. Can you imagine? Just look at her clothes alone!
Her face is fabric over a mold of some sort and her facial features are lovingly hand-painted on. Her hair appears to be real human hair. One thumb is broke off, but that matters not to me. Even her shoes are lovely.
If you know anything about this type of doll, please comment. She's a new one to me! I love the fabric over the face though. I've seen this type in books, but she's the first one in my collection.

2 comments:

  1. She is lovely and interesting and a steal! Yes...another dolly!
    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she is a one-of-a-kind... What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete